Above are a few of the things we ate last week; I didn’t remember to photograph everything. But it was a good week for cooking and eating. From left to right:
- Pasta Pomodoro, using up the last of the cherry tomatoes I purchased at BJs earlier in the month. Served w/a salad.
- Big Ass Salad: Salad Base, Chicken Breast, Cucumber, Cranberries, Chow Mein Noodles & Cucumber Dill Dressing (we had some version of this several times during the week)
- My basic breakfast lately: Toasted English Muffin w/Homemade Peach Butter, White Cheddar & Apple Slices
- Broccoli Cheddar Rice Cakes (that turned into a casserole — this was my new recipe for the week), Sweet & Spicy Roasted Carrots (these were both new recipes, actually, and they were both great, except for the fact that the rice cakes were resistant to forming cakes 😛 )
I also made a large batch of oven fajitas for Book Club, which I served w/rice and black beans, plus assorted toppings. There were fruit and vegetable trays as well and I made salted caramel brownies for dessert — amazing!
Looking ahead, I’ve got a number of items in the fridge that I need to be diligent about using up this week, so my meal plan reflects that, as well as my desire to stay out of the grocery store as much as possible.
- Sunday: Mushroom Ravioli w/Mushroom Cream Sauce, Carrots
- Mushrooms, Cream, Carrot Sticks leftover from Book Club
- Monday: Pizza Margherita, Salad
- Red Sauce, Basil
- Tuesday: Tilapia w/Lemon and Vegetables, Baked Sweet Potatoes, Creamed Cucumbers
- Peppers in Freezer, Sweet Potatoes, Cucumbers leftover from Book Club
- Wednesday: Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Thursday: Leftovers
- Friday: Bean and Cheese Tostadas
- Corn Tortillas, Queso Fresco, Tomatoes
For lunches we will have leftover oven fajitas, big ass salads, and other leftovers as they arise during the week.