So, last week got really intense with everyone trying to make up everything after the long period of time off from the hurricane. Pictured above is everything that I remembered to take photos of as far as dinners are concerned except for the stuffed peppers, which I shared in a recipe post last week. The pita pizzas were ok, but not great. Mostly they ensured that the pitas were eaten. I didn’t take a photo of the hot dogs we ate because a) not very interesting and b) we ate in a hurry in transition from one thing to another. Anyway, here is my plan and how we actually did:
- Italian-Style Stuffed Peppers
- Pita Pizzas
- Hot Dogs & Sauteed Cabbage (weird combo, maybe)
- Chickpea, Cauliflower, & Potato Curry
- Spinach Pie
What We Ate:
- Italian-Style Stuffed Peppers √
- Pita Pizzas √
- Hot Dogs &
Sauteed Cabbage (weird combo, maybe)√ I don’t remember what we had as a side, probably just veggies and dip.
- Chickpea, Cauliflower, & Potato Curry √
Spinach PieNOPE I didn’t have time to fiddle with the filo dough this past week and the weekend was pretty full, too, so not sure if I’ll get to that before the spinach is used in other meals.
- ADD ON: Simple Pasta Bolognese & Roasted Broccoli √ I used up a jar of Barilla pasta sauce — the sweet peppers variety — and it made a fantastic bolognese. Then I feel like I get extra points because I immediately used the leftovers to make a small baked spaghetti for Michael and I to enjoy this week.
This week’s meal plan:
- Southern Style Chicken Breasts, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Green Salad
- Pantry — potatoes, garlic
- Fridge/Freezer — Perdue Encrusted chicken breasts, milk, salad greens, cabbage
- Baked Spaghetti, Green Salad
- Pantry — whole grain pasta, pasta sauce, onion
- Fridge/Freezer — ground beef, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, salad greens, cabbage
- Sticky Sesame Cauliflower & Tofu, Rice
- Pantry — rice, soy sauce, honey
- Fridge/Freezer — tofu, cauliflower, pepper strips
- Spinach Pie
- Pantry — onion, olive oil, garlic
- Freezer/Fridge — spinach, cottage cheese, feta, filo dough, butter
- Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Pantry — coconut aminos, garlic, onions
- Fridge/Freezer — ginger, carrots, green onions, cabbage, ground beef
I’m also gearing up for my “shelftober” challenge and wondering if my $15 budget was a little too ambitious. Mostly because we have very little fresh fruit in the house right now and that always makes me feel like I need to stock up. We shall see, I guess!