- I made banana bread to use up some of the endless overripe bananas in my freezer.
- I used my Kohl’s Yes2You rewards on a pair of shorts that were already on clearance, so my total out-of-pocket was $2.40
- I went through all of the clothes in my closet and came up with a late summer and fall wardrobe for school and my internship. There are a few pieces I need to pick up to round everything out, but overall I made space so that I can SEE what I have and am much less inclined to run out and just buy what I think I need — which would have been too much and probably not the correct items.
- We caught on early to a problem that was causing our large freezer to not freeze properly and were able to get someone out to repair the problem within 24 hrs. Although this was not inexpensive, it was frugal because we were able to repair the appliance and we didn’t lose any items in our freezer, either.
- I renewed my library items so as not to incur an overdue fine. You’d think I’d be on top of this as a former librarian, but sadly that is often not the case!