- I’ve been using a shampoo and conditioner for the past couple of months that I really don’t like but have had for years now, just sitting in the cabinet. I’m trying to go through and use up toiletries, and because of this goal I managed to not buy shampoo or conditioner or body lotion for two years. I did just pick up more shampoo since I finally getting to the end of these bottles, but I think I’ll be good on the body lotion for a while (I prefer unscented or very lightly scented body lotions, but somehow had scads and scads of stuff from the Body Shop and Bath and Body Works).
- I used up the last of a less-than-wonderful loaf of banana bread to make French toast, rather than letting it sit uneaten until we had to throw it away.
- We picked up a pizza last weekend, but used the left-over balance on a gift card and a discount code to get a free order of breadsticks and cut the overall cost somewhat. Also it used up the balance on the gift card, which always feels very satisfactory to me!
- I went through a recent issue of Cooking Light and bookmarked recipes I would like to try. Most of them use items I already have in the pantry/fridge/freezer.
- We bought a new cat tower during Petco’s recent sale and went through ebates for cash back.