- I saved the seeds from the cilantro I planted in the spring; I think I’ll plant them in the fall and see if I have success growing them for a longer period of time.
- The balsamic glaze I bought from Aldi last year is REALLY thick. Too thick to act as a glaze and too thick for me to enjoy. It’s been sitting in the cupboard unused but recently I realized that if I thinned it out with some regular balsamic vinegar it would be the perfect consistency. I’ve been using it on salads and am happy to have saved that particular product.
- Since I have a little extra time this summer, I’ve been doing more coupon matching than I normally do. This is helping me stock up on convenience-type foods for the fall at a reasonable price.
- My husband’s procedure yesterday was pretty early in the morning so I didn’t eat OR have any coffee before we left. I was very hungry and sleepy! Once he was called back to get prepped, I was planning to run out to Starbucks for a caffeine boost, but the receptionist let me know that they offered coffee and donuts for those waiting. That was really nice as I was worried about getting back in time! It wasn’t the best coffee ever, but the price was right. 😉 And I was glad to not have to leave.
- The rubber thumb guard (mostly a comfort pad, I think) on my husband’s computer mouse fell off; we were able to use some epoxy I had on hand to glue it back on instead of buying a new mouse — especially since this one was pretty new itself!