- Except for the planned splurge on doughnuts from a new local bakery and a work function (paid for by them), we’ve eaten all meals at home this week. This included several times when one or both of us were tempted to do otherwise — when the power went out as I was cooking, when I forgot to eat my snack before class, when I was running around downtown on errands that took longer than expected. Lately this is an accomplishment.
- Although I have embarked on a plan to increase my overall health, I am mostly taking advantage of free resources or supplies we already own instead of purchasing anything new. Plenty of people have managed to get fit without a FitBit and I’m pretty sure I can be one of them. 😉
- I’ve been taking more and more advantage of our Prime membership and not letting the perks that come along with that totally go to waste.
- I decided NOT to purchase a cart full of quilting deals I had created during my favorite store’s 4th of July sale. I have plenty of fabric on hand for those times I feel the need to be creative and frankly I probably have more fabric than I will ever use in the next five years.
- My wardrobe was starting to feel a little boring, so I went to my closet and spent a little time reacquainting myself with all the clothes I already have and played around with new combinations. I won’t be a fashion plate — ever — but I enjoyed feeling a bit more put together over the last couple of days without spending any money.