I am in such a crabby funk today. Ugh. I think it’s probably due to the change in time and my sleep being off. SO. In an effort to change my mood, I’m going to share a few positive things from yesterday and today:
- I caught up with some former co-workers and made plans to do so again soon.
- I was able to attend the funeral for a former co-worker (my first boss!) and while I was certainly sad that she is no longer a part of our lives, I was glad to be able to participate in this ritual. It was a beautiful service.
- I talked to my grandmother on the phone and had a nice chat. She is almost 90 and while she won’t use a computer herself, she loves seeing pictures that my sisters and I post to facebook or text to my mom and aunt (her daughters).
- I made a meal plan and am set to get back on track with my cooking after a weekend of eating out.
- I painted my nails and have resisted chipping the polish off (terrible habit I have). I don’t usually paint my nails, but I am trying to break a bad habit of picking at my nails and the skin around them when I am anxious (so…right now, as mid-terms approach…it’s amazing I have fingertips at all).
- I saw a really big, really beautiful red-headed woodpecker while I was walking on campus today. It flew off before I could take a picture, but it was really lovely to see.
- My husband was giving out extra hugs to help make my bad mood go away. 🙂