It’s a little interesting to read these and realize what is just not a priority and also to see what I really have been getting done. I think I did moderately well on these goals, except the fitness goal, unfortunately.
2017 Goals: February
- Buy nothing new (except consumables).
- We did buy a hose to replace part of a sprinkler and I also bought a bucket at the Dollar Store to help with cleaning. I feel like the hose is actually more like a replacement part and makes sense as a purchase, while with the bucket I weighed the likelihood of finding a bucket at the thrift store with the likelihood of me spending quite a bit more than $1 at the thrift store on other stuff just because.
- I did not make a list of wants and needs to aid thrift store shopping.
- I way overspent on my caveat item, ebooks/books, because of a great sale. So I’m going to try to NOT buy anything during March.
- Use it up, Wear it Out, Make it Do, Do Without
- I did NOT continue to work on shoe care and maintenance; it ended up not being a priority.
- Go around the house and make a list of simple repairs that need to be made and what, if anything is keeping that from happening. I have a list started but not completed.
- Declutter for at least 15 minutes every day.
- This seems to have completely fallen by the wayside. I still have boxes to take to Goodwill, but have made no real progress on additional decluttering.
- Take a walk or somehow be active every day.
- Write every day.
- I blogged almost every day. My line a day journal is pretty sporadic at this point.
- Read a book each week (at least).
- I read 12 books, only one of which was on my list.
- Engage in some form of political activism each week.
- I have slowed down somewhat but am still reaching out to elected officials.
- I didn’t attend any gatherings or meetings though.
- Track all spending and stick to budget. YEP!
- Bring in additional income to maximize saving and debt reduction.
- This is just not really happening right now. Between school and work I am stretched a little too thin.
- Be a better steward of our resources.
- Deposit collected change into credit union account. I’ve been collecting it for a while; I’d like to do this annually. I also want this to kickstart us making better use of the credit union account. Ok, the credit union is not really convenient to me. Which is why I keep putting off this task.
- Organize paper files. ONGOING
Ongoing Pantry Challenge:
- Shop the pantry first. More or less.
- Make an inventory of what is IN pantry and freezer. YES!! Yay me!
- But stock up on what we run out of or has become necessary. Uh, yeah, think I managed that one a little TOO well.
- Touch up paint on hall bath door and trim. Partially, still working on it.
- Clean up backyard, plant raised beds. Nope, but got started on gardening tasks this past week, so will hopefully get to this task soon.
- Mail Valentine’s day cards to nieces and nephews. Uh, I sent them emails. BAD AUNT.
- Spend time each week nurturing creativity. Cooking was my major creative outlet this month.
- Go on at least one trip to hike. I went out twice!
- Prioritize schoolwork. YES!