When I attended the Women’s March on Washington, I was really impacted and inspired by the many, many homes in DC that had signs in their front yards emblazoned with quotes from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. The quote above in particular really resonated with me and I am reminded today that speaking up might be scary, but costs nothing. And while I’ve obviously been focused lately on political action, in my daily life, speaking up to help or bring clarity or bring hope or brighten someone’s day is also important.
This weekend I had the following frugal successes:
- I made homemade buffalo wings instead of buying them for the Super Bowl Party we attended.
- All my dishes were eaten in their entirety, meaning I didn’t have to throw out any food that had been sitting out for many hours.
- I brought home some leftover chicken BBQ for sandwiches this week, at the offer of the host.
- I reread some old favorites instead of buying new e-books.
- I saw on Nathlie’s blog that Walgreen’s was offering a free 8×10 photo today, so quickly logged in and ordered a print from our vacation out west last spring. Thank Nathalie!!