I have some specific sub-goals for my annual goals this month, plus some February specific goals. I wanted to get these posted today before the month gets too far underway!
2017 Goals: February
- Buy nothing new (except consumables).
- Make a list of wants and needs to aid thrift store shopping.
- Use it up, Wear it Out, Make it Do, Do Without
- Continue to work on shoe care and maintenance.
- Go around the house and make a list of simple repairs that need to be made and what, if anything is keeping that from happening.
- Declutter for at least 15 minutes every day.
- I want to take two full boxes to Goodwill by the end of the month. Not including the box I still have to drop off from January.
- Take a walk or somehow be active every day.
- Walk or hike OR
- Yoga in the morning/evening OR
- Body weight strength training
- Write every day.
- Line a day journal
- Morning pages
- Blog 😉
- Read a book each week (at least).
- Wired to Connect, Amy Banks
- Shrill, Lindy West
- The Art of Asking, Amanda Palmer
- Bad Feminist, Roxanne Gay
- Engage in some form of political activism each week.
- Write and call reps regularly re: bills, appointments, etc. Generally stay engaged.
- Attend 1 or 2 meetings or other in-person events.
- Track all spending and stick to budget.
- Bring in additional income to maximize saving and debt reduction.
- Photograph and list things on ebay, FB, Craigslist, etc.
- Be a better steward of our resources.
- Deposit collected change into credit union account. I’ve been collecting it for a while; I’d like to do this annually. I also want this to kickstart us making better use of the credit union account.
- Organize paper files.
Ongoing Pantry Challenge:
- Shop the pantry first.
- Make an inventory of what is IN pantry and freezer.
- But stock up on what we run out of or has become necessary.
- Touch up paint on hall bath door and trim.
- Clean up backyard, plant raised beds.
- Mail Valentine’s day cards to nieces and nephews.
- Spend time each week nurturing creativity.
- Go on at least one trip to hike.
- Prioritize schoolwork.