Ugh…I am having trouble getting motivated today. I’m off work and I am tired (why?) and I think the fact that next week is going to get a whole lot busier has me going into turtle mode. Which is all well and good except there are things I want to get done today! I’m going to try writing out my list here and reporting back my accomplishments.
Unload dishwasher & put away pots and pans that were out drying overnight Wash a load of laundry Dry laundry Put dry laundry away Wash another load of laundryI actually ended up doing three loads of laundry AND putting it all away, including the stuff below. I’d like to stay more on top of this so that I don’t have to do a mega-laundry day. Dry… Put away… Put away two four baskets of clean laundry that has been lurking(ugh, I thought I only had two loads of clean laundry lurking about, but really it was four…) Note to self — it only took 15 minutes to fold and put away two loads of laundry, throw another load in the washer and hang the previous load up to dry…just do it. I think I get thrown off track when the stuff hanging isn’t dry in the time it takes to wash a second load… towels cleaning cloths brights sheets
Hand wash slippers
- Go through three boxes in master bedroom (I’m a little behind in my decluttering goal). I got through just one.
Find furniture pads and put some under sewing machine tableExcept there were only three of the kind I need (why?! we have no odd legged furniture) so at some point must pick up another pack. Pay hospital & dr. billsUgh.
- Renew car tags TOMORROW
- Take car to dealer to have them check why the “check engine” light is on Friday — I have to work tomorrow and won’t have time to batch this with the other errands.
- Make turkey and biscuits for dinner I did everything below and then decided I was too tired and made a quick spaghetti Bolognese instead.
get broth from freezer to thaw print out sweet potato biscuit recipe
Type up the daily/weekly/monthly/occasional chore lists I created
- Buy textbooks. Look for used, primarily. Well. I managed to lock myself out of my account. How annoying. I’ll have to correct that before I can actually order the textbooks.
- Print out and prep. package for niece and nephews. I didn’t get to any of this.
- finish writing up book list
- print everything out and load into sheet protectors
- package up glitter into tiny bags, then again into sandwich bags (glitter can be a pain…I want my sisters to only slightly hate me 😉 )
- Stop by post office to mail ↑ TOMORROW
- Print out and make New Year’s cards Nor any of this.
- Take time while running errands to grab a birthday freebie as a treat. TOMORROW
Write a post for my (very rarely updated) quilting blog. try to figure out how to spark motivation for creating set a goal for the month that reflects what I want to do, not what I think I should doActually I ended up setting a very simple goal for the year. Which is simply to spend time each week making/creating using the supplies I have on hand.
- Prepare a daily & weekly schedule to help manage my time once school starts
- Apply for interim librarian position at community college (this takes forever, which is why I’ve been putting it off…but it’s not hard, so I should just DO.IT).
- Tidy desk so my workspace is actually clear and conducive to working. hahahahaha
Go for a walk. Tape up books from my parents (childhood Little House books)Except I ran out of tape, so the last three still need to be done. These books are OLD. And in terrible shape — pretty much falling apart. But they have sentimental value to me and I’d like to read through the series one last time. Then I’ll decide if they have enough life left to stay on our shelves.
- Take kitchen recycling to big bin outside I forgot to do this when I went for my walk and since there is still space in the inside bin, I can do this tomorrow instead.
Cuddle with cats
- Pack up toner cartridge and return to Brother for recycling
None of the errands actually ended up happening — the Tax Collector’s system has changed and I needed to make an appointment. So I’ll do some tomorrow and some Friday, when I am off again. They’re all in green so I can see what I intend to do while I’m out. The items in blue all take place online or on my computer. I realized about halfway into the list that some of those items actually take more time than I have today. But I got a start on most of them.
Otherwise I was a laundry beast and I took a nap. I have no idea why I am so tired today, but, frankly, I’m thrilled that I accomplished what I did when I felt like at any point I could have laid down and slept for six hours. I ended up deciding not to make the turkey and biscuits tonight — I’ll do it tomorrow. We had a quick spaghetti with meat sauce that I made using ground beef (planned for meatballs, but nothing is set in stone so no big deal to change it) and a spinach salad. I did go for a walk and thought I’d feel somewhat revived, but can already tell that I am going to crash really early tonight.