FIVE FRUGAL THINGS
- I froze egg yolks leftover from making coconut macaroons. I’ll use them later to make a custard, I think.
- I took advantage of a Groupon for a $10 Starbucks card for only $5. I’m excited to have that to use in the next month, too!
- I packed up a box of things for Goodwill.
- We picked up reading glasses for my husband at the Dollar Tree. I did not know that they were there and $1/pair sure beats the $15-$20/pair at the drugstore. Especially since my husband can snap the legs on glasses like they’re candy!
- I went in to Publix for squeezable ginger and ONLY bought the ginger, even though they had numerous grocery carts of 50% off Christmas merchandise on display.
- I had to throw out an entire large container of blue cheese crumbles that had disappeared in the back of my fridge and that I had completely forgotten about. It had been in there a verrrrrrrry long time. I also had to throw out some limes that had gone quite hard and the last of a bag of spinach that was very slimy. Ugh. I hate food waste!