In September I posted an Autumn Joy List. I had planned to stop back before Christmas and post a holiday joy list, but that didn’t happen. Actually, we have been dealing with some health problems/scares for my husband so I didn’t get as far on these as I might have wished. But I still like the idea of looking for joy throughout each season. Anne is my inspiration for these lists, although she is using a new format this year. I really like it, but I think I need to stick with this broader list for now. First up is what we did do during the fall, and then the second list is what I want to do during January – March of this year.
Fall List Accomplished:
Decorate main living areas and entry way for fall/Halloween
- Carve a pumpkin
Make mulled ciderWe drank lots of cider! Not much of it was mulled, but some was!
- Bake pumpkin bread But I did make a pumpkin pie!
- Bake pumpkin spice cookies
Bake an apple pie Wish my parents a Happy Anniversary! Take a trip up northand do a little hiking It was too cold to hike.
- Invite friends over a couple of times between now and Thanksgiving
Work on quilts for my nieces and nephews Light candles every dayNot everyday, but many days.
- If it gets cool enough, light a fire in the fireplace
Buy gourds and mini pumpkins for my tableWell, I bought squash for eating and decorating. Make butternut squash soup Enjoy football and snacks with my husband
- Participate in a holiday 5K
- Invite friends over for Thanksgiving
Go to the Quilt Fest Try a new recipe for a seasonal cocktail
- Bring back Cocktail Night! Coming January 2017!
Road trip with a friend to a massive quilt store south of us Bake bread and rolls (perfect baking weather)
- Harry Potter Movie Marathon Started but not completed.
- Donate a meal to a local youth organization Hopefully this winter or spring (there is an application process).
- Donate fun band-aids to local children’s hospital This was a random thing I saw and then completely forgot about. 😦
Winter Joy List
- Send my nieces and nephews a fun package in the mail
- Make hot cocoa
- Bake banana bread
- Cut paper snowflakes
- Go on some long walks with my husband
- Invite friends over for games and dinner
- Donate pillowcases to local hospital
- Shoot for weekly Date Nights (out or in)
- Light candles everyday
- Put new (well, seasonal) comforter on bed.
- Send Valentine’s Day cards
- LOTR Marathon
- Find a show on Netflix or Amazon Prime to binge watch
- Volunteer to offer a program at the library
- Write letters to people who have been important in my life
- Get together with a friend for coffee or lunch
- Go hiking with a friend
- Dedicate time to creating and making things every week
- Try a new recipe each week.
- Cocktail Night!
- Take a bubble bath
- Make homemade bath salts
- Go to the symphony or a concert or other performance
- Go to a museum
- Learn something new about where I live