Anne posted this on her blog and I thought it would be fun to join in, especially as lately all I post about are groceries. I can use a little respite from that.
1. ARE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Nope, but my dad loved my name apparently, so that’s how I’m me.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? The other day, while reading a book.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes, although it tends to distort quite a bit when I am writing for any length or quickly. But I receive compliments on my handwriting.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Salami
5. DO YOU HAVE ANY KIDS? Nope. Well, we have animal babies–6 cats and 2 snakes.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS? Maybe.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM? Just a bit. Ha.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yep
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? NO. Maybe for three months in college when I felt like trying new things was required…but in general that kind of thing terrifies me.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? I don’t eat cereal all that often but I do like Cheerios, Shredded Wheat and Rice Crispies. I eat Cheerios as a snack so they’re probably my favorite of all.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Not usually, much to my shame…
12. DO YOU THINK YOU’RE STRONG? Physically, yes. I also think I’m fairly resilient mentally and emotionally.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Black cherry or toasted coconut.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? If I’m watching people from a distance, I pay attention to body language — how to they hold themselves, sit in their chair, move. If I’m speaking with someone, I pay attention to their eyes and then tone of voice. A lot of my work at the library involved assessing people as they came in and adapting my own body language and tone to meet them where they were, so this question made me think of that first. But I guess if I am just meeting someone socially, I pay attention to eyes and whether or not they smile and also tone of voice.
15. RED OR PINK? Both. I like red but also have a number of pink things.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF? My never-ending habit of second guessing myself.
17. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW? Pink polka dotted pjs and LL Bean moccasin slippers. Fancy. 🙂
18. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Lemon pound cake, coffee.
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Blessed silence. Soon we’ll have football on, which I also love. I cannot stand the pregame commentary, though, so we only turn it on right as the games are about to start.
20. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Blue green
21. FAVORITE SMELL? Freshly ground coffee, brewing coffee, sauteeing onions, fall leaves, mown grass, that just after rain smell
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO? My husband, to talk about how cute one of our cats was being (we just purchased a new cat tower and she was entertaining herself very adorably).
23. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Football. I like to watch it on tv, in person and listen to it on the radio. Actually I really like the background noise of almost any sport on the radio. After football, probably hockey and soccer. Baseball games are fun to attend but I find them boring on tv. Volleyball is also fun to watch, but it’s never on tv except at the Olympics.
24. HAIR COLOR THATS REAL? Yes. I do get highlights every other hair appt.
26. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope, glasses for me!
27. FAVORITE FOOD? This is a hard question for me! Hm. Perfectly ripe berries, especially strawberries and raspberries. Cucumbers, tomatoes, pickles, fresh bread, good cheese. Salty snacks. Potatoes! I like a lot of different foods, and what is my favorite depends a lot on how I feel in the moment. I’m not super picky about the broader kinds of food I’ll eat, but I am fairly picky about quality and preparation.
28. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? I hate scary movies. But I don’t love RomComs, either. I think I best like movies where the end fits the story that’s being told. So sometimes a happy or uplifting end is right. Other times it needs to be more ambiguous.
29. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED. Ordinary People, in one of my classes.
30. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? White. When I finally get dressed in ‘real’ clothes I’ll probably be wearing some shade of blue or purple (a lot of that in my closet these days).
31. SUMMER OR WINTER. Well, I like winter in Florida because the temperatures are fantastic. But I love the long days of summer, and the feeling that you’ve just got a little more time and things are a bit more relaxed.
32. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs. Although I am not a hugely touchy feely person.
33. FAVORITE SWEET FOOD? Hmmm…again, I like a lot of things and have a pretty impressive sweet tooth. But lately I’ve really enjoyed puddings and custards and mousses for that full, creamy texture. I also really love homemade sticky buns.
34. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING? Human Development Across the Lifespan; Helping Skills; Clinical Counseling Skills; Moral, Legal and Ethical Perspectives on Counseling. Textbooks are taking up a lot of my time lately.
35. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I use an old cutting mat (for sewing) as a desk cover and it works for my mouse as well.
36. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST? College football
37. FAVORITE SOUND? Waves, rain, acoustic guitar
38. ROLLING STONES or BEATLES? I guess the Stones. I like both though.
39. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE TRAVELED? I would say Europe, but I was curious about distances and it turns out that Hawaii is almost the same distance (relatively speaking). From a cultural contrast perspective, parts of Europe definitely felt far from home.
40. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I am a very good cook. I’m not a designer but I have a talent for making my home comfortable and inviting. I write well and I am a good editor. I’m good at taking abstract ideas and helping others turn them into concrete plans, but I am not great at executing these plans when I make them for myself!
41. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Somerset, Pennsylvania
Join in the fun and copy and paste the questions on your blog with your own answers.
Thanks for the idea, Anne!