I haven’t posted lately on what we’ve actually eaten this month; honestly, I think posts about what we really eat are a bit more helpful to me than posting meal plans, as I am not always the best about sticking with them. Anyway, the above mosaic shows a few things made this month that were either new recipes or dishes I remembered to take a picture of!! 😉 Starting clockwise with the pancakes, we’ve eaten/I’ve cooked this month:
- Blueberry pancakes using the whole wheat baking mix I made last month.
- Chipotle-lime chicken burrito bowls
- No-bake peanut butter chocolate chip granola bars
- Edamame salad
- White chicken chili
- Salisbury steak meatballs, mashed potatoes, steamed green beans
We also ate a lot of old favorites, as you’ll see below:
First four are in the above mosaic, the rest are things we ate but I’ve never really photographed:
- Oven fajitas
- Black bean and corn salad
- Stuffed peppers
- Granola and fruit
- Black bean and cheese quesadillas
- Eggs, potatoes, sausage
- Soup from the freezer (cannot remember if it was chili or cabbage soup…)
- Lots of oatmeal for breakfast
- Applesauce spice muffins
- Raw veggies and ranch dip
When things settle down a bit I want to really record everything we eat for a whole week and then price out what those meals and snacks cost. Mostly because I’m interested, but also because I think having that kind of knowledge will better inform my grocery trips.
Did you eat anything interesting this month? Do you tend to cook old favorites or mostly new recipes? Or are you like me and do a mix of both? Do you follow a recipe or throw things together on a whim? I mostly throw things together, sometimes based on recipes I read and sometimes because I think they’d taste good. We haven’t died yet and no one complains about my cooking, so I guess this method works for us!