I haven’t really had a chance to look back at last week’s planned meals, but I think for the most part it was a total bomb. We ended up eating out/getting take out a few more times than I would like. Which resulted in both of us feeling gross. We talked and are going to try to avoid any take out until we make our trip to see family over Thanksgiving. And we’ll eat out occasionally as a date night, but not just so that one or the other of us can avoid cooking. Firmly resolved, this is our plan for meals this week.
- Sunday — Sausage, Bean & Spinach Soup, Cheddar Biscuits
- Use master baking mix for biscuits (in freezer)
- Monday — Mediterranean Hummus Platter, Fruit-filled Oatmeal Bars
- Use left-over peach jam in oatmeal bars (has been in fridge for ages)
- Tuesday — Grilled Chicken Salad, Garlic Toast
- Thaw chicken breast, get out second loaf of bread to thaw
- Wednesday — Pasta with Chickpeas & Hominy, Roasted Vegetables
- Prep pasta & chop veggies before leaving for work; veg includes mushrooms, eggplant, red peppers
- Thursday — Leftover hummus, pita and veggies
- Friday — Roast Turkey, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, Green Beans, Fruit Salad
- Get turkey out to thaw on TUESDAY.
Lunches: Tuna melts, spinach & feta crustless quiche, leftovers
Breakfasts: Oatmeal, Toast, Gingerbread Scones
Linking up, belatedly, at OrgJunkie.